You’ll find everything you need to know about the next Modern Makers Retreat right here!
The next Modern Makers Retreat will start at 12 noon on Friday 26 May and go through until 2pm on Sunday 28 May.
Continental House at Hepburn Springs is a beautiful 1920s guest house, filled with character and quirks. We will be using the gorgeous dining room to sew in, specially set up (by us!) with plenty of tables so that there’s enough space for everyone to work comfortably. The huge windows let the light stream in and give a lovely view to the garden outside.
If we can tear ourselves away from our sewing machines, evenings can be spent in the lounge, with its comfy couches, chandeleirs, wood panelling and a roaring fire.
If you feel the need for some quiet time alone or want to indulge in a little private gossip, there are multiple relaxing reading corners and cosy nooks.
Outside is an acre of terraced garden with lots of secret corners to hide away in. Or we can enjoy a cuppa on the large deck overlooking the incredible birdlife in the garden, sheltered by the enormous hedge.
All food for the weekend is included in the price. A continental buffet breakfast is provided each morning and delicious homemade cakes and other tasty nibbles are left out for you treat yourself with at any time of the day (or night!). We provide an antipasto platter for people to help themselves from as and when they arrive on the Friday. All other lunches and dinners will be made by the local catering company, Spade To Blade, who prepare the very best and freshest organically grown foods from the many great farms in the district. Mostly, the food they provide will have travelled no further than 15 kms from its source to our plates!
Alcohol and soft drinks are not provided, but BYO is strongly encouraged! (What happens on retreat stays on retreat.)
The bedrooms at Continental House are as individual as they are beautiful! All rooms are ensuite with linen, towels and gorgeous aromatherapy toiletries provided. You have the option of sharing a twin room or having a private room to yourself.
Although all elements of the Modern Makers Retreats are of the highest quality, we try to keep costs low so that everyone has an opportunity to attend.
For this retreat, the costs are:
$480 for a bed in a shared twin room
$530 for a private room*
All catering (except drinks) is included in these prices.
The following optional extras will be offered at an additional cost:
- Onsite Turkish bath house entry
*All private rooms have double or queen beds but are for single occupancy only as, to ensure we have sufficient space for everyone to sew comfortably in the sewing room, we are limiting the number of attendees to 20.
How to express your interest in attending
We know there are a lot of people who would like to attend this retreat and we want to make it a fair process. To give everyone plenty of time to work out whether they can come, arrange childcare, time off work etc it won’t be a first come first served booking process. Instead, here’s how it will work:
- The expression of interest form will be live from 1 January until 1 February.
- Fill out the expression of interest form with as much information as you can. Note the more room options you select, the more likely we will be able to accommodate you.
- After the EOI closing date we’ll go through the forms to work out who we can accommodate. We have reserved a couple of places for some particular people who have been a great help to us on the Modern Makers journey, but other than that, the selection process will be random.
- We will offer places to attendees from 7 February. The places must be accepted and deposit paid by 14 February to avoid the place being offered to someone else.
- $150 deposit is required on acceptance, with the balance due by 13 April. Further terms and conditions will be provided with the offer.
We expect that more people will want to come to this retreat than we can accommodate, but don’t worry, we’re planning lots of other ways for you to get involved with Modern Makers. Make sure you follow us on Instagram for future events and other exciting news!
Alison, Jackie and Jane